We know you are stressed with deadlines around every corner. And that means this is the BEST time to laugh! So, read on for some jokes about the accounting, bookkeeping and tax industry.
Accounting jokes from three online sources
1. These are some tax-related jokes from Reader's Digest. They may not all make you laugh, but they will at least provoke groans! If you like these, there are plenty more where these came from at Reader's Digest here.
- What do the IRS, a mugger, and your kids have in common? ... They all take your money.
- Golf is a lot like taxes. You drive hard to get to the green and then wind up in the hole.
- Seen on the T-shirt of an IRS tax agent: We’ve got what it takes to take what you got.
- Why did the IRS audit the chiropractor? ... He owed back taxes.
- Where do actors that don’t pay taxes perform? ... In the audit-orium.
2. Here are a few more jokes from kidadl.com, a website designed to inspire kids!
- When an accountant boards the train they are always careful to mind the GAAP.
- What is an accountant's favorite animal? A tax manian devil.
- Why did the jam business fail? Because the finances were spread too thin.
- An accountant is having a hard time sleeping and goes to see his doctor. “Doctor, I am struggling to sleep at night.” “Have you tried counting sheep?”, the doctor replies. “That’s the issue — I make a mistake and then spend three hours trying to find it.”
- Why should you never audit your accounts while standing on an anthill? Because you may finance in your pants.
3. My favorite jokes of all came from Funny Man Finance. His site is worth checking out. He has over 100 jokes!
- How did the accountant unlock their door? ... They used their ten-key.
- I keep trying to tell my accounting jokes at work… But my boss says it’s hardly material.
- What do you call an “inventory” of boats? ... Finished goods available for sail.
- I repaired the building we pay rent for. It’s safe to say it’s a fixed cost.
- Did you hear about the well-funded alphabet company? They had 26 sources of “capital”.
Two final jokes before you leave
What do you call it when Quickbooks enters the atmosphere? ... Journal Entry!
Why are accountants always so calm, composed, and methodical? They have strong internal controls.
And my last words...
I'll stop making puns now for the same reason some clients stop putting money into their savings account: lack of interest.