Intuit has announced changes to the current ProAdvisor pricing program. The existing wholesale discount program is being retired effective July 15, 2021 and is being replaced by ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing.
The Preferred Pricing structure applies to new clients, upgrades and downgrades for the following QuickBooks products:
- QuickBooks Online - Simple Start, Essentials, Plus and Advanced
- QuickBooks Online Payroll - Core, Premium and Elite
- QuickBooks Time - Premium and Elite
July 15, 2021
- Intuit will no longer accept new wholesale accounts
- All new accounts will be priced per the ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing structure
August 1, 2021
- Existing direct-billed QBO customers will be billed per the ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing structure
- Bill dates will be rolling based on the monthly billing date
September 1, 2021
- Existing accountant-billed QBO subscriptions will be billed per the ProAdvisor Preferred Pricing structure
- Customers added prior to July 15, 2021 maintain wholesale discount
The ProAdvisor pricing for new clients, upgrades and downgrades offers a 30% discount on QBO, QBO Payroll and QB Time, both when direct billed to the client or to the ProAdvisor's firm, as well as 15% off employee and contractor fees for QBO Payroll and QB Time.
Intuit will continue to honor the 50% off discount for subscriptions added to the wholesale discount program prior to July 15, 2021, but wholesale discount program promotional discounts will no longer be available for subscriptions added, upgraded or downgraded after July 15, 2021. Existing wholesale discount subscriptions will see a price change effective September 1, 2021.
- QBO Self-Employed - no change
- QBO Essentials - $5 increase
- QBO Plus - $5 increase
- QBO Advanced - $21 increase
Intuit announced these changes through emails sent to accountants and via an article on the Firm of the Future blog. Intuit will also host two meetings with ProAdvisors on June 3rd at 9 am PT and June 10th at 9 am PT, when Ted Callahan, Ariege Misherghi and Alex Chriss will provide additional context and details on the changes as well as answer top questions from ProAdvisors.
In addition, Intuit has provided a fact sheet for you to use to communicate pricing changes with your clients.