I attended your webinar recently on Money Types. I have read the book by Deborah Price. Do you have any other book recommendations on the subject of wealth? Thank you very much.
Signed – Anonymous
Thank you for attending the recent webinar, Understanding Money Types – A Course For Advisors. I hope you found it useful. I love that you have already read Deborah Price’s book, Money Magic – Unleashing Your True Potential for Prosperity and Fulfillment, and looking for recommendations for other books.
How can I transform my relationship with wealth?
The subject of “wealth” is broad, and since you attended the webinar and read Deborah’s book let’s presume your question isn’t focused on increasing wealth but on how to transform your relationship with wealth. One’s relationship with wealth can range from not having enough to not feeling comfortable with the wealth he/she does have. It may surprise some people to know I receive just as many questions from people about how to be comfortable with financial wealth as I do about how to obtain a desired level of wealth.
Learn to identify patterns that impact your financial decisions.
As a Certified Money Coach (CMC)®, my focus is on the behavioral aspects of one’s relationship with money and less on how to create budgets. With that lens, I share the books below as they tap into the inner dynamics vs. investment/business strategies. Understanding beliefs around money and the corresponding behaviors will help to shine a light on patterns that may be impacting how money decisions are being made and illuminate potential areas for change.
Mindset is a powerful tool when it comes to wealth (whether it be abundance or lacking).
Here are some books that can help cultivate a positive relationship with wealth and understand emotions and habits related to money:
- The Soul of Money: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Life by Lynne Twist
- Key Takeaway from this book – Perhaps the focus on abundance from the monetary perspective is a lack of focus on enough from the soul perspective.
- You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth by Jen Sincero
- This book gave me an ah-ha moment around “responsible” decisions that may actually be limiting the growth of wealth.
- Chill and Prosper: The New Way to Grow Your Business, Make Millions, and Change the World by Denise Duffield-Thomas
- For the entrepreneur looking to learn about money, mindset, and what they have to do with business. Extra love that Denise talks about Money Types too.
- Creating Money Attracting Abundance by Sanaya Roman & Duane Packer
- What if your relationship with money is within your control? This book has great heart-provoking questions and guides to support you in attracting the wealth you desire.
- The Law of Attraction by Esther Hicks
- This is a book I have read and listened to many times. Each time I read or hear something new as to how powerful my thoughts are in my life. This book was especially helpful when I was struggling with the concepts of money, manifestation, and mindset.
Note: The books above focus on money and wealth at a deeper (inner) level. You don’t have to read any or all of them if they don’t align with you. My personal preference is to pick books that help provide a better understanding of emotions and habits regarding money and/or support me in creating a positive mindset around wealth and MAKE ME FEEL EMPOWERED.
TIP: When considering purchasing any of these books, be sure to visit your independently owned local bookstores or library.
Expanding knowledge in personal finance and wealth management requires patience and self-compassion
As you begin to expand your knowledge in this area please take your time, be kind with yourself, and have grace in the process. As a CPA, I believed I had the tools to make all the right money decisions but the results never matched what I planned. What I learned through becoming a Certified Money Coach is there is a behavioral component that my license and education never covered. If you are interested in learning more about Money Types and behavioral money coaching you are welcome to take a Money Type Quiz on my website and utilize the complimentary consultation option if you would like to discuss one-on-one.
Robina is a Soul, Self, Wealth Doula, Certified Money Coach, and retired CPA. She works with successful leaders to guide them as they transform into Soul-cess-full leaders, Each of these journeys is unique and the alignment of goals and reality allows for authentic relationships across all spectrums of one’s life, including money. If you want to know more about Robina, you can visit her at www.robinabennion.com.
Do you have questions about business, navigating a career, how to create work/life alignment, money types, and mindset, goal setting, mid-life career changes, or curious about mindfulness? Soul, Self, Wealth, Relationships, and Spirituality too? Yes. Business is more than employees, technology, and deadlines. If it is important to you and you want to find a way to incorporate it into your business/career or are curious about what that looks like. Submit your question to Ask Robina HERE!
Do you have questions about this article? Email us and let us know > email@example.com