Want to know a few behind-the-scenes facts about our annual conference? Here are some things Team Woodard does each year to produce the Scaling New Heights conference - things you may not know.
We also would like to invite you to join us for Joe Woodard's live Sneak Peek meeting. This meeting is perfect for all accountants, bookkeepers, tax preparers or other small business advisors - those who have never attended the conference before and even those that are 14-year veterans of the conference! You can select the day and time that best fits your schedule to receive a preview of Joe's main stage presentation, chat with our conference production team and your peers and have the chance to win one of several prizes! One of you lucky meeting attendees will win a $1,000 credit with Woodard for our paid education and coaching programs!*
Fun facts about producing Scaling New Heights
- Producing each year's conference takes years of planning. Our team is already starting on plans for Scaling New Heights 2025!
- Part of location scouting includes personally checking out what you will experience, including but not limited to transportation to and from the airport, hotel and city safety, restaurant selections, and the comfort of the conference location itself. (Note: we have tried all of the major restaurants you might select in Ft. Worth!)
Theme and design production
- The entire team helps develop each year's conference theme. We analyze the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats that we anticipate you will face over the next 1-2 year horizon. Then we jump into passionate brainstorming sessions to develop a theme that will prepare you to strengthen your practice and transform small business.
- The theme artwork is another group project! Although we have a talented graphic artist who drives the process, the entire team enjoys being involved.
Producing breakout sessions
- Our education team spends hundreds of hours creating and orchestrating the conference education. From the initial call for papers which solicits ideas for breakout sessions all the way through loading the final PPT presentations into the attendee app, the team is laser focused on producing high quality breakouts that will equip you to transform small business.
- Joe has high expectations for the education team, who are tasked with finding at least 70% NEW breakout sessions every year!
- Mapping out which breakouts will take place in each room is a detailed logistics exercise. We encourage attendees to pre-select breakout selections weeks ahead of the conference because it allows us to predict the size of the room needed for each session.
Planning meals and snacks
- Planning food to satisfy nearly 1,500 individuals is daunting! Our conference production team works with the conference venue food and beverage managers to meet varying dietary requirements ranging from those who have severe allergies to those needing Kosher meals.
- Team Woodard really likes to eat. We select meals and snacks that are awesome - because we eat them, too! The conference production team agonizes over the best choices that will satisfy and nourish all of us.
A final fact you might want to know
Our team counts down the days until we get to spend time with you. The conference is our chance to see old friends and make new friends. We have the chance to see the faces and hear the voices of the very small business advisors that we strive to empower each and every day throughout the year.
*This prize is applicable to future purchases of training or coaching programs offered by Woodard. Winner cannot redeem this credit as a rebate or refund for past purchases with Woodard, including but not necessarily limited to Scaling New Heights 2021.